As not all passengers are eligible for automatic control (families traveling with children, foreigners without a passport that is compatible with the local system, etc.), Safran Identity & Security also equips manual control stations (booths).
Safran Identity & Security integrates special tools into manual control booths to check biometric passports and visas. They are used to compare document data with a national (AFIS) or European (BMS) database.
These tools can be fingerprint sensors, such as MorphoWave Desktop and the MorphoSmart range, facial recognition or iris recognition sensors and interfaces used to run database check requests.
Check ID documents and identify subjects in the field.
MorphoRapID 2 is a rugged, handheld biometric device specifically designed for law enforcement, border control, immigration and airport security officers who need to have autonomous operational capabilities in the palm of their hands.
Using Safran Identity & Security's world-renowned fingerprint and face matching algorithms, and featuring multiple credential reading options, MorphoRapID 2 enables security professionals to perform real-time operations in the field, including:
- ID document verification,
- Remote identification,
- On-device identification (against local watch lists).
- Fingerprint and face recognition
- FAP 30, FBI certified fingerprint sensor
- 8MP camera with flash for portrait capture
- On-device or remote matching using Safran Identity & Security's world leading algorithms
- Multiple credential reading
- Contact/contactless smartcards, 1D/2D barcodes, e-passports
- Wireless connectivity
- 4G/3G cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Sturdy for extensive use under demanding conditions