As not all passengers are eligible for automatic control (families traveling with children, foreigners without a passport that is compatible with the local system, etc.), Safran Identity & Security also equips manual control stations (booths).
Safran Identity & Security integrates special tools into manual control booths to check biometric passports and visas. They are used to compare document data with a national (AFIS) or European (BMS) database.
These tools can be fingerprint sensors, such as MorphoWave Desktop and the MorphoSmart range, facial recognition or iris recognition sensors and interfaces used to run database check requests.
MorphoTablet is a touchscreen device which adds the security of biometrics (fingerprint + face) and cryptographic functions to mobile operations.
MorphoTablet: Biometric Tablet for Mobile ID Check
MorphoTablet offers the perfect platform for mobility, versatility and data security, enabling to perform on-the-spot ID checks. It can be used to check either travelers identity at borders or staff identity within airport secure areas.
- Android-based tablet with incorporated FBI PIV IQS and STQC certified optical fingerprint sensor
- Embedded secure element, cryptographic functions and secure device management
- Integrated NFC and contact/contactless smartcard readers
- Cellular (Voice & Data), Wi-Fi and Bluetooth communication
- Ready to host customer specific developments or Safran Identity & Security proprietary applications