Safran Identity & Security is seeking fresh talent. Join us!
Join Safran Identity & Security
Our Group, Safran, welcomed more than 8,200 new employees in 2014 and 8,500 the year before. In total, more than 23,000 new hires joined us between 2011 and 2013, which is just over one-third of our entire workforce. We strive to honor six commitments to our employees:
- Recruitment: our goal is to employ the best talent. We also believe that diversity is a key success factor, which is why we select people solely on the basis of their skills and experience.
- Training: we give employees the opportunity to develop their skills to meet our current and future needs.
- Career management: we seek to empower everyone to perform to their potential and lead fulfilling careers at Safran Identity & Security. We do this by providing a variety of tools to help employees build their career in line with their goals and the Group's needs.
- Mobility: this is a core corporate value, empowering employees to take advantage of a world of opportunities.
- Environment: Safran Identity & Security pledges to provide a high-quality work environment to ensure the well-being of all employees as part of a broad commitment to the highest business ethics and environmental standards.
- Culture: individual fulfillment is the prerequisite for collective success.
Orientation and onboarding
We provide a comprehensive onboarding program to help new hires quickly get up to speed:
- Introduction to the team you'll be working with.
- Tailored induction actions provided by your new company.
- Interview at the end of your trial period.
- For new management staff, we organize Safran Discovery Day to introduce new hires to Corporate Management and help them gain a deeper understanding of our markets, customers and strategic challenges.
This comprehensive induction program helps new arrivals better understand our culture and our values, and gives them ample opportunity for talking with both management and their peers.
Preparing today's students for tomorrow's careers
At Safran Identity & Security, we believe that facilitating knowledge sharing and enabling people to acquire new skills is essential to our business. Every year we welcome more than 6,400 interns and students in work-study programs, plus over 200 doctoral students. For us, it's essential to link the acquisition of new skills and transmission of knowledge. To support this approach, we have set up shared apprenticeship programs, allowing our apprentices to do part of their apprenticeship at one of our subcontractors. When these interns and students finish their programs, they will be priority canditates for any job openings.
And whether they choose to join R&D, production or support functions, all young hires are given ongoing training and taught to embrace our culture of excellence.
Connecting with tomorrow's talent
To sustain our innovative thinking, we must constantly attract new employees. We do this by working with leading engineering schools and universities to connect with students and attract new employees, especially through the France-based network of Safran ambassadors, all graduates of our academic partner institutes.
Their role is to attend student fairs and other events where they can meet students to promote Safran and the wide range of career opportunities it offers, and to help future graduates plan their careers. Safran ambassadors also contribute to the development strategy of our partner schools and universities through proposals to align programs with the Group's skills requirements.
Supporting student initiatives
To highlight the variety of career opportunities on offer to recent graduates and to university and high-school students, Safran is actively engaged in a range of initiatives with academia. These include:
- Défi Aérospatial Etudiant (Student Aerospace Challenge), which invites university and engineering and business school students to design a suborbital spaceplane in collaboration with aerospace engineers.
- Elles bougent ("Women on the Move"), an association that provides career guidance for female high-school and university students in technical and scientific areas and raises awareness among teaching staff of career opportunities in these industries.
Building ties with schools and universities and helping students shape their career plans are key challenges for Safran. As part of this engagement, we have chosen to sponsor or partner with 25 schools and universities in France.