Contactless smart cards are becoming more important in mass transit programs and have rapidly gained favor with financial payment card issuers and associations.
Such cards provide an efficient and convenient substitute for cash, reducing transaction time, increasing security, minimizing fraud, and reducing handling costs for transit operators.
Key advantages of contactless transit payments
- Faster Payments: reducing transaction time – just tapping a card without fumbling with bills and coins
- Increased Efficiency Aand Reduced Cost: increased throughput by decreasing checkout times, reducing costs of cash handling and processing
- Improved Customer Experience: simplifying purchases and access control, enhancing customer convenience
- More Security: providing a payment device with strong security features and reducing fraud
- Additional Revenue: contactless payment converts cash payments into card payments – opportunity for additional revenue through interchange fees
CALYPSO ensures that today's infrastructure can easily be integrated and is compliant with the international standard ISO 14443 Type B.
Morpho's CAPLYPSO product family offers transit operators, banks and business partners the combination of convenience, security and costefficiency for low-value contactless ticketing transactions. Calypso cards have been already in use for more than 10 years and therefore present a long lasting market experience. With CALYPSO, Morpho provides the right answer to transport operators for more contracts, interoperability and flexible mapping. All Morpho's CALYPSO products are available with PVC and PET card body material and can be fully personalized with coloured artwork on the front and back side and other post-print features including identification elements.
For more information, download our brochures.