Contactless smart cards are becoming more important in mass transit programs and have rapidly gained favor with financial payment card issuers and associations.
Such cards provide an efficient and convenient substitute for cash, reducing transaction time, increasing security, minimizing fraud, and reducing handling costs for transit operators.
Key advantages of contactless transit payments
- Faster Payments: reducing transaction time – just tapping a card without fumbling with bills and coins
- Increased Efficiency Aand Reduced Cost: increased throughput by decreasing checkout times, reducing costs of cash handling and processing
- Improved Customer Experience: simplifying purchases and access control, enhancing customer convenience
- More Security: providing a payment device with strong security features and reducing fraud
- Additional Revenue: contactless payment converts cash payments into card payments – opportunity for additional revenue through interchange fees
MIFARE is a proven and reliable technology, which represents the largest installed base worldwide and opens up more use cases in multiapplication scenarios.
Compliant with the international standard ISO/IEC 14443 Type A, MIFARE ensures that today's infrastructure can easily be integrated. Additionally, it enables service providers to expand their transportation networks and to integrate additional services such as payment systems (for e.g. taxi fares, cinema and theatre tickets), loyalty programs, access management and parking – all while reducing the total costs of operations. Morpho's MIFARE products are based on the leading technology platform for contactless ticket, card and reader solutions. With more that 40 million reader core components, 3.5 billion smart card ICs sold.
For more information, download our brochures.