Morpho in South Africa was originally a branch of the Morpho Group, previously known as Sagem and became independent in 2005, since then it has seen success after success.
Morpho boasts of a team of 40 people from all around Southern Africa. At Morpho we believe that our team is our biggest asset and we constantly strive to provide the best quality service and technical solutions for existing and potential customers. To ensure that our greatest investment (our people), is well taken care of, the organization has invested more than R1million into the development and training of staff in 2014 alone. The next 5 years, will see a growth in the investment ensuring that our people keep getting better and better.
Since its inception here in 2005, Morpho has carved out a highly respected position for itself in the following sectors:
- Digital ID and Smart transactions
- Public Security
- Civil Identity
- Biometric Terminals
- Aviation and Border Security
- SIM Card & Bank Card
Our Products and offerings
- Digital ID and Smart transactions: Morpho supplies solutions for digital security and smart transactions for the telecoms and payment/transactional sectors in South Africa, but also for the MNOs in Nigeria, Kenya, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Tanzania, Madagascar, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi.
- Public Security: Solutions to help government solve criminal cases (forensic activities) and manage suspects/criminals (at the scene of crime, at police station, at the court/prison).The local office enables Morpho to provide high quality on-site support at short notice to police agencies in the region. The team has successfully implemented projects in South Africa, Botswana, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique and Zambia.
- Biometric Terminals: Through a strong network of partners Morpho has over 80,000 biometric terminals installed in the Southern African region. Biometrics for access control and time and attendance are widely accepted throughout Southern Africa, which is a rapidly growing market.
- Civil Identity: Morpho offers registration services and identity management system and has been involved in the South African HANIS project with the South Africa department of Home Affairs. Morpho assists governments in protecting the identity and privacy of their citizens.
- Aviation and Border Control: Morpho's Border control solutions include a range of products that read biometric travel documents such as passports, visas and boarding cards for immigration and border crossing purposes.
Morpho is constantly striving for high-quality customer service and is recognized for its ability to keep abreast of the latest trends and opportunities throughout Africa.