Our field equipment are linked via a secure network to the violation processing centre. For the authorities, this solution offers numerous advantages:
- The networking of all equipment (speeding and red light running detection) allows the creation of a real national or regional security solution.
- The automation of violation processing means that offenders receive their violation tickets within a few days of committing the violation. Government studies have shown this rapid response to have a major psychological impact on attitudes, contributing to a change in the behavior of road users.
- The remote configuration, by the processing center, of the equipment trigger levels according to traffic conditions.
- The remote management, by the processing center, and notification of alarms enable rapid intervention to resolve incidents.
- The assignment of a single contact for the program and post-program management ensures compatible technologies.
Violation Processing Center (VPC)
The Violation Processing Center (VPC) is at the core of any automated speed limit and red-light enforcement solution.
VPC is permanently interacting with field equipment via encrypted links (wired, fiber optic and wireless networks).
It offers an A to Z, fully automated violation processing approach: from vehicle number plate automated recognition to the mailing of violation tickets.
Modular and scalable, the processing center performs the following functions:
- Reception and decoding of the violation messages transmitted by field equipment (see MESTA range).
- Automated number plate recognition (ANPR).
- Interfacing with different reference databases: stolen vehicle database, license plate database, legal information systems, the demerit point management system, etc.
- Offender identification
- Remote maintenance and parameter setting of the field equipment
- Searches using keywords
- Computation of statistics and logs
- Guaranteed security at each step of the violation processing operations