The massive increase in international travelers, along with the acute awareness of the risks related to terrorism and illegal immigration, have led governments and airport authorities to improve their border control procedures.
They thus implement automated multibiometric border control solutions: eGates.
These fully-automated e-gates read biometric data contained in travel documents and compare it with the document holder's biometric data.
B5000 automatically authenticates documents that are used as proof of a person's identity.
This full page document reader captures images using visible, coaxial, infrared and ultraviolet light sources to perform multiple security checks, ensuring the ID being presented is valid. As a combined hardware and software solution, the B5000:
- Reads & authenticates thousands of international travel and identity documents in only a few seconds
- DocumetricsTM – One of the world's most comprehensive document authentication databases – authenticates covert & overt security features helping identify forgeries
- It is an ‘expert in a box' – easy to use, minimal operator training required
- Simple set-ups to meet country-specific privacy and data protection laws
- Suitable for desktops, booths and kiosks
The B5000 can be deployed in a variety of situations such as border control, police identity checks, court attendance, healthcare and welfare program enrolment, opening a telecommunications account or as the first stage of Anti Money Laundering – Know Your Customer when registering banking/financial service customers.